Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/oleg/public_html/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Quartered • View topic - Looking for blanks
Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » St. Folquet's: Connections

Post subject: Looking for blanks
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:23 pm 

All of you are so private! So shy and quiet and wondering and hidden.

I'm looking for blanks, for virgins, for first-timers. For empty canvases and unpunched tickets and unused steamer trunks. I'm looking to fuck as many people as I can and bring them all there. I don't want this secret kept. I'm going to shout it from rooftops and scream it in the cellars and tell everyone I can. The last thing I'd ever do is hide it.

Post subject: Re: Looking for blanks
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:43 pm 

Well, I suppose I can't really argue with that as that was how I got here in the first place - no one told me. I just woke up after an anime convention with a ticket to Palimpsest on my skin. But maybe you should....I don't know...somehow warn them a bit? It can be a strange (and dangerous) place - maybe some of them wouldn't want to go? And what if the map ends up on a place they can't easily hide, the way it has for some of us here?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:20 am 

I ask people before I fuck them; of course I ask before I cartograph them.

I just don't understand this penchant for secrecy. Let the world know you're in love with a city and show them how to fall in love with it as well. Change their world, change the city, change everything and watch what happens.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:38 am 

Samantha: how exactly does that happen? Do you really walk up to people and say "if you have sex with me you'll end up with this piece of a map to a city the other side of sleep that you'll never be able to get rid of"? How does that go over? Do people believe you, fully know what they're getting into?

I can understand the penchant for secrecy -- but in my case I'm aware that there are people whose penchant for secrecy leads them to actively interfere in other people's lives. I found four -- important number, that -- message boards that seemed to hint at this much less broadly than we have been, that all vanished within a couple of days.

Also ... Just, imagine the worst person you can, the absolute most despicable person you can conceive of, that only exists this side of the line. Would you want that person to have access to something as precious as this?

I'll admit that partly there's a thrill to having a secret, a thrill to knowing myself part of something hidden and magical and amazing. But on the other hand -- look, when I was a kid, I found a nest of silkworms on a tree. They were beautiful, so beautiful, building their nest, and it made me want to cry, to have them so close, so unmindful of big, lumbering me. I showed them to this girl, Sarah, because I wanted her to like me for having shown her something cool -- and she laughed, brought other people, and they started poking the nest with sticks, laughing at the silkworms' distress, thinking it was funny how they lifted their heads from the bark all at once, confused, hurt.

They broke the nest, and it was my fault.

I can't control what you or anyone else does, and I don't want to be one of the people who tries to. But yes, I'll keep this secret. I wouldn't trust it to just anyone.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:05 pm 

typhoidsamantha wrote:
I just don't understand this penchant for secrecy. Let the world know you're in love with a city and show them how to fall in love with it as well. Change their world, change the city, change everything and watch what happens.

You know, it's not always a good thing. I lost my lover and no one I've slept with since will give me the time of day. Your map doesn't always lead to places of wine and roses. Sometimes it makes people run.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:54 am 

December wrote:
Samantha: how exactly does that happen? Do you really walk up to people and say "if you have sex with me you'll end up with this piece of a map to a city the other side of sleep that you'll never be able to get rid of"? How does that go over? Do people believe you, fully know what they're getting into?

Your idea of seduction is not like mine, December.

I flirt, I tease, I tempt, and when I know they're interested (and I'm interested) I say, "There's something I haven't told you yet. When you come for me, I'll take you someplace you've never been. I'll take you here, to the alleyways drawn on my wrist, and show you fantasies beyond dreaming. Afterward, you'll never forget me, because you'll have your own fantasy written on your skin, your own cityscape. Maybe you'll show me where yours is. If you like how I make you feel; how it makes you feel."

Or something like that, anyway. It's not a rehearsed speech. And if I trust someone with my body, I trust them with my city. I still have a few standards.

Raven, I'm sorry your map scares people. I'd go with you. Just to see, and because you shouldn't have to fear your own secret.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:53 am 

typhoidsamantha wrote:
I'm looking for blanks, for virgins, for first-timers. For empty canvases and unpunched tickets and unused steamer trunks.

Hello, I am one you seek, and I long desperately for entrance to Palimpsest.

Perhaps we could meet.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:08 am 

Are you in the Pacific Northwest? I'll meet you for coffee and maybe cartography. Send me a message.

Board index » St. Folquet's: Connections