Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/oleg/public_html/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Quartered • View topic - How did you get there the first time?
Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The Salon

Post subject: Re: How did you get there the first time?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:13 am 

GlitterGirl wrote:
Raven: About your boyfriend - is he always going to the same place there (maybe wherever is on your skin, if you and he are having sex beforehand)? As some of the people here have mentioned, it seems like there are some less savory places to be over there.

GlitterGirl -- I don't know. I haven't seen him in a week and a half, but we were having pretty regular sex, and he was sleepless and testy for most of the time before that. Oh my God, I hope I didn't send him somewhere terrible. Maybe that's why he left.

I'm going to try the masturbation suggestion from the other conversation and see if I can find out. I've always gone to what I presume are the other peoples' places, not to mine. But either way, it would be good to know where I'm sending people. Maybe I'll even find him there.

Thanks for the idea. Now we'll see, I guess.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:38 am 

He was a sweet boy, not beautiful. But he had this black curly hair that was an unruly mop... and I'm a sucker for dark curls and pale eyes. We had dated only briefly and he seemed afraid of kissing me, afraid of sex at all or anything that might lead to it. One night I got him shamelessly drunk at a college party and took him back to my bed so I could run my fingers through those curls all night. Of course it led to more.

I woke in the morning and told him what a beautiful dream I had just dreamed and he left in a rush, red faced and ashamed. Every time I spotted him on campus after that he would duck behind a building and be gone. It took many months more for me to understand my new tattoo and begin making stange new friends.

All I have of him is a memory of curls and a passport on my foot. I wear his shame with sandals, black lines on my toes and cork under my sole.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:59 am 

Quote:
Raven--I don't know. I haven't seen him in a week and a half, but we were having pretty regular sex, and he was sleepless and testy for most of the time before that. Oh my God, I hope I didn't send him somewhere terrible. Maybe that's why he left.

Oh dear - yes, it would be good to check. It seems like what happens to you over there carries over to here....so if he got roughed up some, maybe that's why he's been staying away from you. Some of those chimera folk definitely don't like us, though I still don't know why. Good luck, and be safe....

Post Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:09 am 

Hi. I hope I am in the right place. I ... this is really embarassing, but I don't have any frame of reference and I hope someone can help.

Is this what sex is like? I mean, does sex cause weird dreams?

Ok, I've only had sex once. I'm 22, but I'm not a prude or anything, I just never wanted to, and I know about all the diseases you can get because I work in a morgue and I've seen some pretty messed up bodies. So I never wanted to, but then of course I met this guy and I did, finally want to - but after sex, I had this dream. And I'm wondering if this is why people like having sex so much, why it's such a big deal, why it's worth getting sick or bruised or damaged. Because the dream, it was SO beautiful.
Does everyone have the dreams but they never talk about them? Should I talk about it? Something about it made me feel like it's a secret that should never be told ... but I keep wondering, I mean, it felt so REAL, and the people there holding my hand, they felt real too ... our hands were tied together and we sat in a row in this shop - the restless man, the woman with a foreign accent, the guy with hair so thick it looked like a curtain over his eyes ... and me.

Are any of you here? I'm the girl with the pink streak in her hair, it's very curly - all of my hair, not just the pink part - so you might remember that about me.

I'm so confused, and I'm afraid to tell my boyfriend because - well, he's not exactly my boyfriend, but maybe he will be soon - I am afraid he will think I am crazy.

Do you think I am crazy?
I need to know.
Also, I keep scrubbing my ankle, but I can never get it clean.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:45 pm 

GlitterGirl wrote:
Oh dear - yes, it would be good to check. It seems like what happens to you over there carries over to here....so if he got roughed up some, maybe that's why he's been staying away from you. Some of those chimera folk definitely don't like us, though I still don't know why. Good luck, and be safe....

Given that I've been gone for a week, I guess you could conclude that it wasn't good. Rather, it was unimaginably bad. That godawful smell of seaweed and rotten spices. Alleys with half their cobblestones missing twisting down towards unsavory docks, walls that you daren't lean against for fear of bringing disturbing microbial life forms away with you, an oppressive sense of impending doom... and that was the first ten seconds. It's the kind of place where you don't want to stay put and you don't want to look lost. My first impulse was to get out from under the one working streetlamp so that I wouldn't make such a conveniently illuminated target.

I don't know how long I wandered through those alleyways the first time, trying to look purposeful, trying not to just cross and re-cross my own path. But when you have a whole night ahead of you and very limited territory, it becomes challenging. After I started to have to repeat, I began to get that creepy feeling that I was being watched. I tried to make my way back to the street with the dockside taverns -- some slim hope that perhaps not all the locals were hostile. I didn't make it that far. A woman with the arms of a crab stepped out from a corner ahead of me, glaring like fury. I was startled, and she caught me off guard. I stepped back, and she kicked me viciously right where most women aim to kick men. I went down like a ton of bricks, gasping. She pinned my neck with her claw, and hissed at me, "Get out. Go back where you came from. There won't be another warning." I woke up, shaken and sore.

Well, that's me. Go to the city of dreams and get kicked in the crotch. No wonder he left me. I hope he came back, even if it was to someone else.

I stayed awake for two days after that in disbelief. How many other people have I sent there? Did they get out with just a warning? But I can't stay away, either. I've gone back to London's map before, so I have to assume that my boyfriend keeps going back to mine. If he's there, I have to find him. I have to tell him I didn't know, and try to keep him safe. My nights there since have been quiet; I've tried to stay in the shadows, and to scope out the territory without disturbing anyone.

I'm going to keep looking.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:00 pm 

Quote:
Raven wrote:
Given that I've been gone for a week, I guess you could conclude that it wasn't good. Rather, it was unimaginably bad...

Sweet god, I'm glad you made it back...and I'm so sorry that this is what's on your skin. It doesn't seem fair - the place of my skin is strange, but not openly hostile like yours is. But I don't really understand how the places on our skin are chosen for us, anyway (maybe it's just blind luck?)...

I definitely fear for your boyfriend now, though...on the other hand, it's possible he went to other places. If nothing else, he could go to the place on his own skin if he masturbates maybe? Or if he slept with someone else, perhaps he's going to the place on their skin instead. There's definitely some kind of choice for me - sometimes I'm at Terpsichore's from London's skin, and sometimes I'm at the translator's on my own skin.

Do we know if there's any way to forcibly leave there if you find yourself in danger? Like the equivalent of an eject button or something. If you're going to be exploring the place on your skin, something like that seems vital...

Post Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:48 pm 

It was at a Halloween party, year before last. I barely even knew the hosts, much less most of the other guests, but I was determined to have fun. Eventually, the guy in the purple velvet pimpsuit (he swore he got it at an actual pimp store, not a costume shop) convinced me to wander off into a bedroom with him. Neither of us had a condom to hand, so it was all fingering and sucking.
It was nearly dawn when I got home, and I didn't bother turning out the hidden pockets on my costume. I didn't do much more than wipe off most of my makeup and let the dog out to pee before I stumbled off to bed.
And I dreamed...
In the morning, in the shower, I found the strange lines spreading over my left hip. I scrubbed at them, but didn't think much of it when it didn't come off. The friend I'd caught a ride with has a tendency to draw on people when they're too drunk to object. It wasn't until much later that I realized that it was showed a waterfront.
fetching out all of the stuff from my pockets, I found a scap of paper that said, "Have weird dreams? Got a map on you? Email me..." and an email. No, I won't give it out. It wouldn't do any good now, anyway. But, thinking of the lines once I saw it, I dropped him a brief note. "yeah. what the hell?"
It was late that night before I got a response. I didn't keep it, unfortunately, but he crowed about how he'd known it would work, and he couldn't wait to tell a reporter at the local news station. He didn't tell me much, and when I wrote back, it was to indignantly demand an explanation.
I never got one, not from him.
It was a few days later before the friend who had dragged me to the party pointed out a story in the newspaper. I hadn't even known his name, and the picture with it was old, but her friend the host had told her it was the same guy. Hit by a car speeding down the street just outside his apartment, hours after he'd responded to me. I can't find the article anymore, but I'm sure the gas station attendent, the only witness, said the car was blue.

My map takes me to the waterfront, but not the frightening one Raven has. Mine must be further along.
Much of mine is taken up by a huge fish market, which delights me. But even though I'm a cook by trade, and have fished most of my life, I have never seen a creature for sale there that I could identify. Not scaled, nor carapaced, nor tentacled; not the bright, sweet flesh nor the glittering claws nor the inky jets. And yet, every bit of it is delicious. Like Usher, I've found work there, in a cookstall. The patrons bring their purchases to us as we stand over grills and huge metal bowls like woks, and we cook them up, unidentified fish and eel and crab and squid and kelp.

I don't have sex, these days. I go to my own fetish club, and beat or am beaten, shock or am shocked, but then I go home, and I get myself off, and back to the fish market I go.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:25 am 

GlitterGirl wrote:

Do we know if there's any way to forcibly leave there if you find yourself in danger? Like the equivalent of an eject button or something. If you're going to be exploring the place on your skin, something like that seems vital...

You know, that's a really good point. I haven't encountered one myself, but that kind of thing seems like it would be useful. I wonder....does anyone remember much about how they come back? Maybe there's a common thread...maybe something will eventually work.

Has anyone had sex there? Does it maybe work the reverse?

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:35 pm 

Quote:
Farihah wrote:

You know, that's a really good point. I haven't encountered one myself, but that kind of thing seems like it would be useful. I wonder....does anyone remember much about how they come back? Maybe there's a common thread...maybe something will eventually work.

Has anyone had sex there? Does it maybe work the reverse?

Now that's a very interesting thought, the having sex over there to get back...I definitely haven't done it myself, but since it takes having sex to immigrate, perhaps emigration works along similar lines. On the other hand, that's probably not going to be something you can do very quickly if you find yourself in a jam, unfortunately. Still, it invites a new question of sex with whom, immigrant or native or chimera-native or what...

I'm trying to remember the details of when I come back, whether it's something triggered by someone/thing over there, or something triggered by someone/thing over here. I know Rethian's been able to somehow send me away a few times when the chimera folk start getting rough, and Siruth (the lady who runs the kiosk I work at) hinted to me once that she can do the same. So at least some times, getting back can be triggered by someone over there. I think Raven had sort of a similar experience with his crab chimera encounter, where he woke up right after the crab chimera told him to get out? Maybe it has something to do with chimeras, somehow.

But maybe there are other ways, too - I'll try to pay more attention the next few times I go. And maybe Rethian or Siruth might tell me how they do it.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:32 am 

I debated a long time about whether to answer this question. In fact, I've just been lurking because I wasn't sure I wanted people to ever ask. But I feel like I have to tell someone, and the people it could hurt are long dead, and this is pretty anonymous, right?

I've had my mark for as long as I can remember. Like, since I was a little, little kid. For a lot of years I thought it was a birthmark - it's on the inside of my thigh right at the top (you know, that fold between your leg and your girly bits), and it's small, so no one ever really noticed. I don't remember getting it at all, but I know the story of it now.

When I was a kid, my favorite relative was a great uncle of mine. We had a big extended family, and whenever we'd all get together he would think up games for us kids to play to keep us entertained and out of trouble. He was always a lot of fun. And he had this tattoo across his face, starting on his forehead and down over his right eye and cheek. It looked like a hideous burn.

I didn't figure it all out for years. When I did, I went to see him. He was really old and feeble by then, and when I asked him he broke down and cried.

He picked it up after World War II, when he was stationed in Japan. The woman who gave him the mark took a shine to him and introduced him to others. He spent all his free time there traveling to as much of Palimpsest as he could. He was in love with every part of it. When he got back to the states, he tried to find others, but there was no internet back then. Most women shunned him because of the tattoo. The two or three he shared it with hated him for it - one woman even killed herself. After that, he stopped trying.

Then I came along. Instead of acting like his tattoo was grotesque, I was fascinated by it. By two years old I would sit on his lap for hours, tracing my fingers over the lines. It freaked my mother out, I'm sure, but knowing her she was too polite to say anything in front of him, and too scatterbrained to remember about it afterward.

My uncle told me that he kept expecting me to get bored, but instead I seemed to get more and more interested. Finally one day when I was coming close to my third birthday he asked me why I kept looking at it.

"Because all the people are so interesting," I said.

(I can remember looking at his tattoo from when I was older, but I don't remember seeing people. I knew it was streets, so maybe at that age I had a little make believe game going on in my head about the people who lived there.)

And this is what made my uncle cry all those years later. Remembering what he had done to get me into the city. He said if he had stopped to think about it, he never would have done it. But we were alone in the house because my mother and grandmother had gone to the grocery store. So he touched me. He pulled me close to the front of him to rub against him, and he slipped a finger inside my panties. He turned on cartoons to distract me and prayed that I wouldn't tell. It was the least amount of sexual contact that he could manage and even have a chance to pass it on, and even then he wasn't sure if it was enough.

That night, he laid awake, petrified at his own stupidity. What if the mark appeared on my face? What if I was frightened by the city? What was a three-year-old child going to find there? Would I be safe?

But Palimpsest was kind, whether by choice or coincidence. The small sliver of it on my thigh is at the carousel. I told him the next day about my strange dream of standing in ink and then riding the giraffe, and he checked me over for obvious marks, then breathed a sigh of relief. He never touched me again - when I went to visit him, he asked where my map was. He swears that after that terrible night, he never touched any of my cousins. But he did go looking for other map bearers. He found a few.

So now you know. I've never told anyone before. When you're a kid, the difference between real and make believe is pretty hard to discern, anyway, so I just accepted my dreams as dreams. I got married young to another virgin and gave him the mark without even knowing. My dreams changed from the carousel to a long stretch of empty beach, the people too far away for me to reach. He started dreaming of the carousel. That's when I got the first inkling that there was something going on.

I never thought I'd get divorced, but the part I'm most happy to have left behind is that beach. I'm making up for lost time, now, exploring as much as I can.

Board index » The Salon