Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/oleg/public_html/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Quartered • View topic - Missing?
Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The Salon

Post subject: Missing?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:01 am 

Has anyone you know - anyone you've been there with - gone missing?

Because my friend, the one who first brought me over... I haven't seen him in a couple of weeks.

I should back up, tell this all in order. I'm just scared for him, is all. I tried talking to him about it, but the talking always led to sex, always led to my bridge or his crazy scattering of alleyways. And... we're more distant than we were. I think it's because he's already been to my place, and he wants to explore. Thing is, exploring means fucking anything with a pulse...

I'm shy about it. I just every so often get the craving, the need to go back. I masturbate, like December suggested; that brings me to my beautiful bridge, and I can watch the city from there, from a distance, but to actually be in the thick of it I need other people. So I twist my hair up into a bun and I go out for coffee, sit outside and read a book (with all the attention I can pay to it, anyway), and wait. Before too long, someone will approach me, and show me a bit of map on their leg, their back, their arm, and we're off to... usually their place. I don't like to bring people home. And I try not to think of it as a one-night stand. I try to think of it as exploring.

Every so often, I wonder if my friend has been to these places before me.

I had never been with a woman before this.

So we've both been... absorbed in this, and not seeing each other as often. But he's missed three hanging-outs lately, and he's not answering his phone. This is not like him.

If you die over there, do you die here?

Post subject: Re: What happens over there
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:04 am 

I don't know about dying for sure, but I think whatever your body does over there carries back. I've been at the dance hall at Terpsichore's more lately, and my feet come back sore, my legs tired whenever I do dance. I'd probably just put this up to psychosomatic symptoms, but one time, I tripped and fell over there in a hurry to get away from some of the less-friendly chimera folk - and my knee and palms were scraped when I woke up at home.

My chimera sometimes-partner Rethian always warns me to get out when things are looking too rough. So maybe if you bad things happen to you there, bad things really do happen to you...like dying.

But I know what you mean about the yearning...I know it can be dangerous there, but I still can't stop myself from wanting to go back to my dance hall. I know it's not really my dance hall, but it is, sort of. It feels so right there, more like home than home, you know?

Post subject: Re: Missing?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:33 am 

I know what you mean. My bridge is the only thing that calms me, some days.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:54 am 

Has anyone ever managed to stay there, do you know? I'm not sure how to even go about asking this kind of question while I'm there...but maybe someone here has heard how to do it? It just gets harder and harder to come back here after being there.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:58 am 

Would you even want to stay there, really? I want to spend more nights there than I do, sure - I'd love to spend every night there, and every day here, and never truly sleep again, if I could survive that way.

I think that if I could stay there, I'd want to dream of here.

Actually, I wonder if they do! Maybe they dream of coming here and walking our bridges between island cities, of dancing in the rain in cobblestone streets surrounded by little kids holding ladybug spotted umbrellas and suited businessmen on scooters. Maybe they dream of smelling our spices and tasting the foods that make us think of home.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:19 am 

Is having sex the only way to get back into the dream?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:49 am 

Quote:
Dvash said, "I think that if I could stay there, I'd want to dream of here.

Actually, I wonder if they do! Maybe they dream of coming here and walking our bridges between island cities, of dancing in the rain in cobblestone streets surrounded by little kids holding ladybug spotted umbrellas and suited businessmen on scooters. Maybe they dream of smelling our spices and tasting the foods that make us think of home."

Would you? I keep finding myself drawn more and more to Terpsichore's - despite its dangerous nature (or, let's be honest, probably in part because of it). So much better than what I do here. There's so much....magic there, so much life and passion and strange perfection. It sounds like you've got such lovely memories of your place here, though - it rains so rarely where I am, I sometimes forget that it can. And somehow, there are never very many little kids with bright colors dancing on my streets... the rez folk, when they dance, they don't invite you to join, not ever.

But I wonder if you're right, that they dream of here? Wouldn't it be something to find one of them walking the streets here during the day? I wonder where we could even look. What sort of places would they yearn for? What sorts of things would be strange and beautiful to them? Maybe smelling our spices and tasting the foods of our home is right on the mark about that...

Post Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:00 am 

I think what bothers me most is not that I cannot stay for good but that I just cannot stay for a week, a month. And that I'm so disconnected. I can't go where I want to go. I want to be able to walk the streets towards whatever hits my fancy, not be stuck by a barrier, someone I haven't seen, touched, tasted yet. Somewhere I haven't known.

One possibility though I think on the disappearance is that they're doing what I'm doing...travelling, all the time, trying to find new people with maps. People who can take me more places than just where I lead. Or maybe...I can't remember who...didn't someone speak of darker places?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:53 pm 

CompassRose wrote:
Has anyone you know - anyone you've been there with - gone missing? Because my friend, the one who first brought me over... I haven't seen him in a couple of weeks.... If you die over there, do you die here?

My boyfriend. We had a really troubled time after my map appeared. I didn't know what it did, or that I would give him the same, or send him anywhere. But he got withdrawn and moody, and then just wasn't there. I'm frantically worried about him; at this point, I would rather know that he left me because of bad dreams, just so that I knew he was all right.

(We're in Vancouver. Or I am, anyway. I'm guessing that my boyfriend isn't your friend, but I'm grasping at straws here. Tall, blonde, long hair, green eyes, rail-thin and sharp-tongued, wears a lot of black but doesn't take it too seriously?)

Board index » The Salon